Action for Agriculture
Action for Agriculture is a Not-for-Profit Charity organisation. Their mission is to design and deliver community events that are a true celebration of the diversity, sustainability, creativity and progress of the people, places and produce behind the industries that feed and clothe us and will power us in the future.
On top of the complexity of running a charity in Australia, Action For Agriculture have global funding partners and multiple reporting and due diligence requirements.
CEO Lynne Strong was looking for an accounting firm that could ensure all the charity’s governance reporting needs are being met, allowing her more time to concentrate on the chartible work Action For Agriculture does to build resilience in young people.
Lynne was looking to surround herself with people crucial to her own wellbeing and the wellbeing of charity, including a firm with shared values, someone she felt comfortable discussing her business with and who understands her specific needs and future direction.
With the above in mind Accounting Professionals was recommended by her lawyer who felt AP were the right fit for her at this point in her life, a firm that could offer a holistic service to meet her personal need and the needs of her NFP. Accounting Professionals appointed a dedicated team member that was the best fit for Lynne, providing assistance including:
- Xero accounting training and support
- Tracking expenses relating to different funding sources
- Preparing a summary of charity reporting obligations to fair trading and Australian charities and not for profits commission
- General problem solving
- Lynne is confident her retirement funds are being well-managed
- Lynne has more time to devote to the charity work she finds most fulfilling
- All records are up to date, error-free and Action For Agriculture are on top of all legislation requirements
“They (AP) are ethical, diplomatic and have well-developed people skills that enable them to develop trust and rapport with their clients. They have patience, are approachable, are strategic thinkers, helping me make logical decisions for my present and future needs”.